Friday 2 February 2007

I have been attacked ...

Tagged by Sham in Ashrafieh ....

So far, I still believe that nobody is reading my blog yet (but you), anyway, it doesn't matter for me, and I will go on, at least, to prove something to myself.
A couple of days ago, I was reading my favorite blog (Sham in Ashrafieh), there, I found a request to vote, it was about the Arabism, so I did, I voted for the Arabism as an ILLUSION, and for that, I let her down.
So, let me give my viewpoint, I, as an Arab, I used to believe in Arabism, because I was reading the history books, when the Arabs were the pioneers of Science, Medicine, chemistry, …. And the most important thing, they were moralistic.
Then, when I started to realize what is going on the ground, I was shocked, yes, totally shocked, I'm proud for being Arabic, and honored to be Syrian, but if you look logically, look at what is going on in the Arab world, in Iraq, in Lebanon, in Palestine, it makes me feel sorry for them and for myself, don't go mad, but look at what is going on, the are killing themselves, civil wars, conspiracies, do you think that this will allow your dream of Arabism to come true ??!! I'm really sorry for saying this, but this is the truth, so please, if you can convince me to change my mind, I will be glad to do, I don't like to be just Syrian, I want to be: Arabic Syrian.
I gave you summarized viewpoint, cus this case is so complicated and needs a lot of pages to explain, but at least, I think that I gave you a simple explanation for my opinion, and I will be waiting for your reply.

Ziad

So Razan .. now it is your turn to be tagged

No comments: