Thursday 20 September 2007

A walk to remember …

Last night while trying to sleep, I don’t know why I recalled my first day abroad, and my first monkey business I did, so read and have fun:
I left Syria to UAE on May the 7th 2005, and my flight was to Sharjah Airport (Air Arabia), so, when I walked into the arrivals terminal, I felt myself at home, I found 6 persons waiting for me: my cousin, 3 friends from my city back home, my dad’s friend along with his brother, so I felt very high, any way, my cousin toke me to his place in Ajman, we put my luggage, then went to my other cousin’s work place also in Ajman, so, I tried to act genius, and I kept the direction in my mind for a specific reason, so, I met my other cousins, we had dinner, then they toke me to Dubai etc …
Next day when I woke up they were at their jobs, so, I was home alone, and I start thinking: well, since that my cousin toke last night to their work place (restaurant) so I can make it myself, and I already have cell phone for emergency, so, I put on and went out … depending on my incredible memory, I start walking, and walking, and I kept walking and saying to myself: it is a matter of minutes and I can see their shocked faces because I could come alone … any way, after 3 hours of walking, I gave up, and picked the phone calling my cousin: hey bro, I’m in the middle of the no where, and I wanna come to you, how can I do it ? so, my cousin asked me to described the place to him and he start laughing his head off … I asked him why you are laughing like crazy, then he said: it is okay my cousin, keep walking like this for another 30 minutes and you will be in Sharjah :(
Then he told to stay where I am and came to pick me up, it toke us the double to reach his place again because I was walking toward the opposite direction …

The moral: don’t act hero in new places.

3 comments:

Mais said...

hahaha...and they say men have a great sense of direction!
Big Myth :D :p

ziad said...

Mais: shayfi 3la hal7aki ... I think that it is the new climate's fault .. not mine ... ;)

Qabbani said...

hmm

bs mashweh zareefeh :D , tsaleet