Wednesday 22 August 2007

When technology let you down …


It was Friday the 20th of July early morning (02:00 A.M), I was so happy going to Syria … I went to the airport thinking of withdrawing some cash cause you know that I need cash in Syria … I put my ATM card with a big smile … then … the ATM machine spit my card saying that it is not acceptable … my heart start jumping.. What the hell is this … I tried again and again … same message … I changed the machine … same result … so … I had to use the credit card to purchase some items from the duty free ... BUT ... I was trembling afraid that there is a block on my account … and I don’t have any cash for my vacation …
We landed in Dubai … I had only 1 hour transit … I was running like crazy in Dubai airport looking for ATM machine and finally found one … I feed it the card .. Entering the pin code … and YESSSSSSSSSSS … accepted … I took my money in AED, then convert them to $ … but I had to run to catch my flight …
So … this how my vacation started …

See you later …

3 comments:

GraY FoX said...

lol
welcome to syria
bas dude ATMs here are not supposed to take all kinds of international cards
so in theory it's not the fault of the ATM :P

Mais said...

yee shu samet badan..but nasee7a don't leave such things for the last minute...i usually withdraw some cash like 2 days before my trip and convert them to whatever the currency i need..heik addman u know :)

ziad said...

Gray fox: Hey Dude ... as long as it is VISA electronics .. so it is ok ..but i afried to use the card in Syira ... walla enta 3andak another opinion ??
Mais: ama shoo sammet badan .. shee rawa2 ... ana heek kassool .. asasan .. i packed my bag 3 hours prior to the flight ... ;)